Northeastern State University
Our history as a state institution began on March 6, 1909, when the Oklahoma legislature purchased the Female Seminary and created Northeastern State Normal School, where the first classes were held on September 14, 1909. A decade later, NSNS transformed into Northeastern State Teacher’s College, offering a four-year curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree. The Oklahoma legislature authorized changing the name of NSTC to Northeastern State College in 1939. We became officially known as Northeastern State University in 1985.
North Grand Avenue