KlasCement is a free OER-platform where teachers help each other by sharing resources for students of all ages (kindergarten, special needs, primary and secondary education and teacher training).
KlasCement started as a project of one teacher and his students in 1998 and grew thanks to the help of many teachers and the Ministry of Education (MoE) in Flanders to one of the most successful OER-networks in Europe. Since 2013 KlasCement is part of the MoE. In December 2017 KlasCement had 47000 resources shared by more than 125000 members.
The website is very well known and used by teachers in Flanders. The metadata is adjusted to teachers from the Netherlands so they can use the portal as well and the interface is also translated to English, which makes international use possible.
- Generic programmes and qualifications
- Arts and humanities
- Social sciences, journalism and information
- Business, administration and law
- Natural sciences, mathematics and statistics
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
- Engineering, manufacturing and construction
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and veterinary
- Health and welfare