The German Education Portal is the central access point to scientific information for educational research, educational science and subject didactics. By offering this information service free of charge, the German Education Portal supports the Open Access principle, i.e. open access to scientific sources. At its heart, the service focuses on indexes of literature, research sources and structured information on different educational science and educational research aspects.
The German Education Portal predominantly addresses actors in education science, from research and practice, as well as people who are interested in education science. The target group spans university members in the field of pedagogy, researchers from research and memory institutes, school teachers and staff working in social institutions. Services offered by the portal are based on the principle that the information provided is scientifically relevant.
The German Education Portal offers:
- Search for relevant literature in printed and electronic format,
- Query of the electronic database of journals via literature search,
- Direct access to open access electronic journals,
- Access to pay-per-view publications and publications available via document delivery service,
- Provision of special research literature that cannot be found in university libraries or obtained from library services,
- Link suggestions concerning further relevant information,
- An information service with news and important topical information from educational research;
- An opportunity to report details concerning your own printed publications or publish your electronic publication on our document server peDOCS,
- Search for documented research instruments in empirical educational research.